Sunday, February 13, 2011

Running for Others

I had a fantastic run today with my friend W. We ran around the trails, like we have many times before. But this will be one of the last ones.

Today I remembered why it's so great to have friends to run with. The right friend will call you out when they think you're sandbagging, or wait for you at the turn-off if you're really hurting. They push you and nag you to go when you were going to stay home eating cereal instead. I love running with people like that, because I always give my best for them.

Today, I did not run for me. Left to myself, I would have had a nice little shuffle to get the miles in. Or maybe I'd have just had cereal. Today I ran my best so that my friend would have a better run. And I was amazed at how much I found to give.

2 comments:

Jade said...

How wonderful to have people about whom you feel that way. Glad you had such a great run, and that you found something to run for.

Today, I'm writing. But only for me. :) Happy Sunday!

Bunny said...

I'm glad you're writing again. And some things should be only for you. :)