Sunday, May 22, 2011

What kind of coach are you?

There must be a hundred tricks I play on myself to stay motivated to run. There are the ones that get me out the door, the ones that keep me from quitting, the ones that make me maintain that awful pace. Once in a while, while reviewing my tricks, I notice that they're all pretty harsh. I'm a mean coach.

I don't go for that sunshine and flowers stuff. I rather like a boot camp get your ass out there dirtbag approach. But sometimes I get to feeling bad for being so hard on myself, instead of enjoying the process. That's when I come up with tricks like "Run Happy" and "Have a good run, me!"

But eventually I snap out of that. Today I snapped out of that. I read a friend's post entitled "Get Stronger Damnit!" and it's got me giggling. I can think of all kinds of ways to use this. Get faster damnit! Run longer damnit! Stop crying damnit!

I feel so motivated I may go run again!

No comments: