Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dear Buddha, I had a bad week.

On Monday, I decided not to run the marathon.

I could do it, I think, but I would not enjoy it. Any of it. That just seems wrong, so I made the call.

I allowed myself a day of full on sulking, eating crap, drinking beers, buying shoes, etc. And then I decided to get over it. Looking back on this week, I did not get over it as well as I'd planned. But no matter, today is a new day. I went back to my training journal to log the week.

Monday: axed the race
Tuesday: sulked
Wednesday: sulked
Thursday: 30 minutes elliptical
Friday: went out and got useless
Saturday: paid for Friday.

I do not feel very satisfied looking back on my week. Then I noticed my inspirational quote for the week. Do you have these? I pick out my favorites and write one for each week in the journal. Some of them are silly, some are meaningful, all of them are relevant and keep me to task. This week's quote is from the Buddha.


All life is suffering.


Buddha, you are so wise. But if you were here in my kitchen, I'd kick you in the shin.

No comments: